Dynamax Adventures Thread

I legitimately can't tell what's worse. Humans or AI.

AI never brought me down the grass path when we had three water types.

AI never used Toxic on a Weezing.

AI can do basic STAB math to understand that Fire Blast boosted by sun deals more damage to Nidoking.

"At least humans know how to Dynamax"

No they god damn do not.
Pretty much the reason I'm not bothering with online Dynamax Adventures, and instead I'm getting the other version legendaries through the GTS (I still have a bunch of Zapdos left from one time I used ACE on Virtual Console Red).

Ok so disclaimer : Even if you K.O the legend, you can still lose.

My dynamaxed heliolisk max lightning'd Suicune while holding a life orb, and since it used extreme speed on me before, the recoil knocked me out and Suicune threw me out while K.O'd.

Why did i have one life left ? Because the AI thought it was clever to take a DITTO while we had a weezing with neutralising gas in our team

Last edited:
To be fair, I probably would have made the same mistake.
That's fair, i would have seen someone do it as well, since it's a pretty specific interaction. I'm just getting more and more frustrated because of the 56 times i already beat Suicune now, since i'm shiny hunting it. I just want this to be over so i can move on to Entei without feeling like i wasted my time

Ok so disclaimer : Even if you K.O the legend, you can still lose.

My dynamaxed heliolisk max lightning'd Suicune while holding a life orb, and since it used extreme speed on me before, the recoil knocked me out and Suicune threw me out while K.O'd.

Why did i have one life left ? Because the AI thought it was clever to take a DITTO while we had a weezing with neutralising gas in our team
Not to mention the AI still makes random picks even if you have already set the legendary. I was trying to get Landorus, and in one try the AI overlooked TWO Ice-type Pokémon.

We lost, naturally.

Not to mention the AI still makes random picks even if you have already set the legendary. I was trying to get Landorus, and in one try the AI overlooked TWO Ice-type Pokémon.

We lost, naturally.
I kind of think the AI might just look at the final typing. It could be total happenstance but I will see them try to grab a pokemon, if possible, that works on the last pokemon on the assumption it trumps, or at least isn't debilitating against, the typing. I don't think it's entirely coincidence than when they thought Solgaleo was a Steel type they kept this half-dead Passimian for the entire run and another swapped in a Hitmontop at the last moment (though tbf it also had drill run so it was the secret best member for that run anyway)

I kind of think the AI might just look at the final typing. It could be total happenstance but I will see them try to grab a pokemon, if possible, that works on the last pokemon on the assumption it trumps, or at least isn't debilitating against, the typing. I don't think it's entirely coincidence than when they thought Solgaleo was a Steel type they kept this half-dead Passimian for the entire run and another swapped in a Hitmontop at the last moment (though tbf it also had drill run so it was the secret best member for that run anyway)
I thought this as well, but it really seems like it just chooses at random sometimes. In my last run, i managed to snag an heliolisk again (this time i gave it wise glasses instead of this cursed life orb) and the AI got an A-Raichu as rental. We battle a normal linoone as the 2nd raid, and guess who takes it ? The guy with A-raichu. We still won that one easily but yeah, it's questionable. Also on the run before, they managed to take almost EVERY rental mon that were weak to water at the beginning. Luckily they did replace them except for the A-marowak who still did work with a life orb.

I would like to try and pinpoint how they act in the "keep or leave" choice, since it would be easier to try and form your own team this way. I usually start by picking the mon that is weak against the legend at the start so i can change it and not rely on the AI for that for example.

Oof, RNG just totally screwed me over on this Raikou battle
AI decides to use the scientist free swap, which is fair since their pokemon was pretty weakened.....and got an Unfezant. Wiped out instantly by any given thunderbolt, which happened twice
And then Raikou manages to crit my Sandaconda with Max Strike

And also we had a Sneasel who of course dies to a -1 thunderbolt.

Serebii says you just need to complete 3 Adventures, but I'm pretty sure I needed to complete the main story (Calyrex, Birds, Regi) first, then do 3 runs.
The order doesn't matter. You need to complete the story and do 3 runs to unlock Endless Adventures.

Say, I did more than 3 runs, then completed the story and the NPC showed up.

We should make some kind of Smogon Dynamax Adventures league where we organize 4 player adventures using link codes. To be allowed entry you need to be able to pass two rigorous tests.

1) You must understand the type chart and know what STAB is.

2) Press the fucking Dynamax button.

If you can do those two things you will be allowed into the elite league. Only the absolute best of the best!

I am honestly a bit annoyed by the abuse of AoE attacks by several final bosses.

The more adventures I do, the more I feel that if you dont pick up a Wide Guard user on the way you just lose if you get any of the strong legendaryes by the end.
Felt worth having a list of AoE offenders:
  • Moltres - Heat Wave
  • Mewtwo - Blizzard. VERY rude
  • Latias (Shield) - Surf
  • Kyogre (Shield) - Surf. TURBO RUDE
  • Groudon (Sword) - Earthquake, Lava Plume
  • Rayquaza - Brutal Swing. Considering the base power of the move, and the power lowering from hitting multiple pokemon, this is probably a safer move than some of its other things?
  • Palkia - Surf
  • Heatran - Lava Plume
  • Cresselia - Icy Wind. As with Rayquaza this is probably not the worst move to deal with
  • Tornadus (Sword) - Icy Wind, Heat Wave
  • Thundurus (Shield) - Sludge Wave (i didnt even know Thundurus got this move)
  • Landorus - Rock Slide, Bulldoze. I guarantee there was a version of this battle that had Earthquake instead
  • Kyurem - Hyper Voice
  • Xerneas - Dazzling Gleam
  • Zygarde - Land's Wrath
  • Nihilego - Sludge Wave, Brutal Swing. Comically I never saw this at all when I captured it; it went down too quick
  • Xurkitree - Discharge, Brutal Swing
  • Celesteela - Earthquake
  • Kartana - Air Cutter
  • Guzzlord - Brutal Swing
  • Stakataka - Brutal Swing, Rock Slide.

Honestly I'd say a number of these aren't too threatening (Staktaka, Guzzlord, Nihilego, Moltres all very manageable mons). I think the Surfers are probably the biggest problems, followed by Earthquake

Zygarde also has Thousand Arrows which is a big part of what makes it so annoying to deal with.

I cleared it on my third try and it really sounds like I got lucky.

I'm pretty sure kyogre and groudon also get origin pulse and precipice blades respectively. Kyurem also has Glaciate.
The legends seem to have 5 moves each, for example Suicune uses water pulse but doesn't have it when you get it.

I'm pretty sure kyogre and groudon also get origin pulse and precipice blades respectively. Kyurem also has Glaciate.
The legends seem to have 5 moves each, for example Suicune uses water pulse but doesn't have it when you get it.
The sets are actually known
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/dynamaxadventurespokemon.shtml
However Groudon has Earthquake / Lava Plume instead of precipice... but I definitely saw Kyogre use Origin Pulse so I think it might be a case of raid bosses with more than 4 attacks (which isn't new)

The sets are actually known
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/dynamaxadventurespokemon.shtml
However Groudon has Earthquake / Lava Plume instead of precipice... but I definitely saw Kyogre use Origin Pulse so I think it might be a case of raid bosses with more than 4 attacks (which isn't new)
Yeah i saw the sets too, that's why i said that water pulse isn't listed on suicune, yet it's using it the battle. And i definitely saw kyurem use glaciate in a livestream before. I guess serebii only put the attacks included when catched, which is logic.
I'm guessing they all have their signature move somewhere in the moveset but not when catched, however i only saw zygarde, groudon, kyogre and kyurem in videos and only battled suicune and entei, so maybe some legends only have 4 moves in the battle.

I can confirm seeing Kyogre origin pulse my face off, and I did see Kyurem use Glaciate as well, so they definitely have extra moves on top of what they get when caught.

And Kyogre's origin pulse is flat out unfair >_> if you don't have wide guard it's a istant teamwipe :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)