Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

I googled it before hand, they are allowed for battling online, please answer the question
Very cool

If it were to be allowed, AV Quag is a terrible idea, not to mention you can't use Recover with AV, and when are you ever going to get +6 with Blaziken?

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Im on about the actual DS game pokemon omega ruby
Hello,

This isn't the place to ask about Cartridge formats like XY / ORAS/ SM and UsUm, this is about smogon singles for the OverUsed tier. This thread especially is reserved for QnAs about this specific tier. You may look up the Cartridge Formats in this Forum if they have Answers to your questions.

Hello,

This isn't the place to ask about Cartridge formats like XY / ORAS/ SM and UsUm, this is about smogon singles for the OverUsed tier. This thread especially is reserved for QnAs about this specific tier. You may look up the Cartridge Formats in this Forum if they have Answers to your questions.
*sigh* sorry, i was even redirected to this post

OU/UU Team suggestions?
I have heard that it is "meta" to at least have a Pseudo Legendary, a Mega, and a Z-Move 'Mon on your team; all or two if possible.
I've planned to run a Azelf, as my lead, with this set:
Azelf @ Focus Sash (Lead)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Knock Off
I plan to run a mega, but I'm unsure of what mega is best to run with my team. I had Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor in mind:
Mawile @ Mawilite (Mega)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
OR

Scizor @ Scizorite (Mega)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 16 Def/ 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off/Bug Bite
If anyone could suggest better Megas to run with Azelf that would be helpful!
Also, if anyone could suggest OU Walls and OU Attackers, that would also benefit me greatly! Thank you!

OU/UU Team suggestions?
I have heard that it is "meta" to at least have a Pseudo Legendary, a Mega, and a Z-Move 'Mon on your team; all or two if possible.
I've planned to run a Azelf, as my lead, with this set:
Azelf @ Focus Sash (Lead)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Knock Off
I plan to run a mega, but I'm unsure of what mega is best to run with my team. I had Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor in mind:
Mawile @ Mawilite (Mega)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
OR

Scizor @ Scizorite (Mega)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 16 Def/ 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off/Bug Bite
If anyone could suggest better Megas to run with Azelf that would be helpful!
Also, if anyone could suggest OU Walls and OU Attackers, that would also benefit me greatly! Thank you!
Regarding OU. There are a lot of resources in this forum out there to answer your questions. Check the viability rankings, team bazaar, sample teams, and smogon for certain sets. It is true that you want a Mega + a Z move on your team, though I'm not sure what pseudo-legendary means. You can have any number of legendaries on your team assuming they're viable/legal in your tier.

A couple things I can tell you off hand is that your Scizor set has the wrong EVs, don't run IH on Maw, and don't run Azelf because it's just not reliable and Defog is everywhere.

I'm not sure what pseudo-legendary means
From Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
Pseudo-legendary Pokémon is a fan term commonly used to refer to any Pokémon that has a three-stage evolution line, 1,250,000 experience at level 100, and a base stat total of exactly 600 (before Mega Evolving). Pseudo-legendary Pokémon are often more powerful than many other non-Legendary Pokémon due to their high base stats.

Some fans omit the need to have 1,250,000 experience at level 100 from their definition, although this has no effect on the Pokémon that are in the group.
Basically, it's a fan-made group that includes Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o.

I personally find it kind of dumb, as there are legendaries that don't have that base stat total, and it ignores Pokemon with legendary-esque lore like Volcarona.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Usually it's why we ignore terms like psuedo-legendary most of the time and the ridiculous outcry to banning mons more based on their status and less on their practicality.

I would personally recommend Landorus-T or Excadrill as a suicide lead over Azelf. Azelf in practice only has a very small niche over some suicide leads in that it can Skill Swap Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce. Excadrill simply says fuck all to the ability instead while Lando-T can provide offensive momentum with Explosion.

Does liquid voice boost sound moves. Asking because every non-z move Primarina set seems to go with Sparkling Aria over Surf despite having less pp and blocked by soundproof.
no it doesn't provide any power boost. sparkling aria is preferred in uu because it can go through substitutes from the likes of chandelure and salazzle. in ou though, i think choice specs primarina probably would just rather run hidden power fire for ferrothorn over either of those moves. that being said do keep in mind primarina is a very niche choice in ou and i wouldn't recommend it the majority of the time.

I have a little question for a pokémon not viable in OU.

I had found a particular spread for Primarina, i wanted to know if this spread is viable in a rain team

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 224 HP / 60 SpA / 224 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria/Scald/Ice Beam
- Psychic

With the Ev's 224 in HP and Special Defense can be 3HKO with Psychic by Mega Alakazam and more with the rain the damage by the water type attack can do monstrous damage with the Specs.

Ps: If is viable i would do a test with it.

I had found a particular spread for Primarina, i wanted to know if this spread is viable in a rain team

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic

With the Ev's 224 in HP and Special Defense can be 3HKO with Psychic by Mega Alakazam and more with the rain the damage by the water type attack can do monstrous damage with the Specs.

i assume your main goal with this in rain is to be a breaker with a typing that checks ash-greninja, but if you're looking for something that fits that criteria i think kingdra or azumarill would probably be a better fit. kingdra is about as strong a breaker, but it also gets swift swim which is obviously nice on this kind of team, i suppose this can hit toxapex with psychic but the issue is, toxapex stomachs a psychic and pivots into something that takes it, and then toxapex is still kind of healthy and you lose rain turns so i wouldn't call this is a consistent toxapex check by any means, even if you do predict correctly. as for azumarill, it has the same typing but provides a lot more to rain as a sweeper with belly drum and aqua jet in rain. i suppose you could try primarina in rain, nothing wrong with it, but i really feel like there are better options ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic

While it probalbly could work, (Ash) Gren and Kingdra are so much better as a special rain attacker due to their better speed stat, or in the case of Gren, higher SPA if Ash form. If you really want to try it, go ahead, but there are better special breakers than Prim.

EDIT: Sniped

I hear people complain about gen 5 because of "team matchups". Exactly what does that mean?
Having a good match-up is when ur team has the mon advantage against ur opponents one, like having mons who break ur oppos team easily or mons who wall it easily (for example a monofire team vs a monograss has the match-up). Pretty much having a good match up is when u have a solid counterplay to all (or most of) the team u are facing, and break it or wall it with no big troubles.

Having a good match-up is when ur team has the mon advantage against ur opponents one, like having mons who break ur oppos team easily or mons who wall it easily (for example a monofire team vs a monograss has the match-up). Pretty much having a good match up is when u have a solid counterplay to all (or most of) the team u are facing, and break it or wall it with no big troubles.
Thanks! I definitely feel this while I play gen 5...I figured this is the way it is for all the other generations? If not, how is it different in other generations?

Reactions: BK
Thanks! I definitely feel this while I play gen 5...I figured this is the way it is for all the other generations? If not, how is it different in other generations?
Only from Gen V onwards. Team Preview is what lets you know if you are on a bad matchup from the beginning. Before that, you have to guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)