Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi again,
I got one question about RNG Abuse in Gen 6 (Omega Ruby in this case). Is there some way to speed up frame advances? If i found some nearly flawless wild shiny frame from 192 hours the only way to get it is to have my 3ds running for 192 hours? :D

Personally I think I'll try later ultra wormholes in US/UM instead but just curious.

Blueforce

Ungood
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi again,
I got one question about RNG Abuse in Gen 6 (Omega Ruby in this case). Is there some way to speed up frame advances? If i found some nearly flawless wild shiny frame from 192 hours the only way to get it is to have my 3ds running for 192 hours? :D

Personally I think I'll try later ultra wormholes in US/UM instead but just curious.
Starting a battle with a wild Pokemon will make frames advance by 4 instead of 2 (in Omega Ruby). For USUM, standing in the castle in the center of the Festival Plaza is the fastest way to advance frames. Flawless wild shiny frames will always be ridiculously high given the odds of encountering a Pokemon that is both flawless and shiny when there are 0 guaranteed IVs.

Argh my brains are just melting right now. I'm working on shiny living dex for Alola but for some reason either 3DSRNG Tool or PCalc is showing incorrect information. I've wasted 3 hours here trying to get some pikipek born. :I

Status information of Egg doesn't match with my game.

Both pikipeks are bred in my Moon game.
Male has Destiny Knot. Female has Everstone.
Both got Keen Eye (Ability 1).
Both are Naive.
Male: 6 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Female: 31 / 17 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

After I've received the 1st egg in the chain, my Egg Seed switches to:
36F3CD7A
90E7A08D
874687FB
F4D1C3A9

when it should be 4E3E...etc like in the screenshot. I tried to reboot both 3ds and pcalc and 3ds rngtool but still it doesn't match.

Is this because of Oval Charm maybe? Or is Everstone or Destiny Knot trying to force ability to pass and skipping Eggs? I don't get it and I need a break. :D

Thanks in advance!

Argh my brains are just melting right now. I'm working on shiny living dex for Alola but for some reason either 3DSRNG Tool or PCalc is showing incorrect information. I've wasted 3 hours here trying to get some pikipek born. :I

Both are Naive.

View attachment 166525

36F3CD7A
90E7A08D
874687FB
F4D1C3A9

when it should be 4E3E...etc like in the screenshot. I tried to reboot both 3ds and pcalc and 3ds rngtool but still it doesn't match.

Is this because of Oval Charm maybe? Or is Everstone or Destiny Knot trying to force ability to pass and skipping Eggs? I don't get it and I need a break. :D

Thanks in advance!
Hai hai! Do you have a shiny charm?
Maybe this is irrelevant but try putting in the IVs of your Pikipeks

Xucrute

mt tchola
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Both are Naive.

View attachment 166525

36F3CD7A
90E7A08D
874687FB
F4D1C3A9

Thanks in advance!
I`m guessing it`s because you need to check Same Dex Number box.
Edit: This is how it should look with Same Dex Number box Ticked

Attachments

Last edited:
I just failed to find my Egg-Seed in Ultra Sun.
Frustrating, but I probably made a mistake in writing down the 1&0...
But the gender and nature on Frame 124 matched the 128th Magikarp's. At first I thought I had found my Seed, but the IVs didn't match and when I tested my seed it of course didn't work.
Because of this I think that this guide should be expanded.

PS: I'm not a native speaker. So, please have mercy:psygrump:

Hey everyone. I want to try to mess around with RNG for hidden grottos in Gen 5. I already found the guide for it and I want to start, but it says I need my SID. Is there any way to find this without using a physical external tool or homebrewing my 3DS? Thanks!

Edit: Also I tried Pokecheck but the video upload method doesn't seem to be working for me (stable internet connection, DNS, and multiple attempts at different times) and GTS method is confirmed not to work anymore on the site.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hey everyone. I want to try to mess around with RNG for hidden grottos in Gen 5. I already found the guide for it and I want to start, but it says I need my SID. Is there any way to find this without using a physical external tool or homebrewing my 3DS? Thanks!

Edit: Also I tried Pokecheck but the video upload method doesn't seem to be working for me (stable internet connection, DNS, and multiple attempts at different times) and GTS method is confirmed not to work anymore on the site.
Grotto Pokemon can't be shiny, so there's no need for your SID. With that said, if you want to know your SID you can transfer up a Pokemon with your Gen 5 OT to gen 6/7 and use KeyBV (software), or transfer up and ask someone to check it for you...such as me (PM me if you're interested) ;)

No harm done, but in the future you'll get better help by posting 5th gen rng questions in the dedicated thread.

Hi there. I'm kinda new to this, I've done a little bit of RNG to FR/LG without any problems in the GBA emulator (basically stationary shiny pokemon using whichever random seed comes when I start up the game). So I read that if I want a shiny flawless spread I need to do RNG to my TID/SID, after reading some tutorials I was able to achieve this. My question here is: now that I have the TID/SID I wanted, how can I find the specific seed needed to hit the PID from the flawless spread I want? I mean, every time I start up the game I will be getting a random seed, so, is there a way to manipulate it so I can hit a specific seed?

So, the specific seed I need to hit is A548, https://imgur.com/a/9asb7Zs

How should I proceed?

(Btw, the pokemon I'm trying to get with the perfect spread is the starter).

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I'm kinda new to this, I've done a little bit of RNG to FR/LG without any problems in the GBA emulator (basically stationary shiny pokemon using whichever random seed comes when I start up the game). So I read that if I want a shiny flawless spread I need to do RNG to my TID/SID, after reading some tutorials I was able to achieve this. My question here is: now that I have the TID/SID I wanted, how can I find the specific seed needed to hit the PID from the flawless spread I want? I mean, every time I start up the game I will be getting a random seed, so, is there a way to manipulate it so I can hit a specific seed?

So, the specific seed I need to hit is A548, https://imgur.com/a/9asb7Zs

How should I proceed?

(Btw, the pokemon I'm trying to get with the perfect spread is the starter).

Thanks in advance.
Hello! There's no way to RNG the seed on FR/LG iirc so you 're gonna have to soft-reset manually for a decent seed that has your spread on a close frame, I usually try to find one within 20 million frames. You could also just use a lua script that does the soft-resetting for you but I currently don't have acces to it so I can't send it to you :c

Hello! There's no way to RNG the seed on FR/LG iirc so you 're gonna have to soft-reset manually for a decent seed that has your spread on a close frame, I usually try to find one within 20 million frames. You could also just use a lua script that does the soft-resetting for you but I currently don't have acces to it so I can't send it to you :c
Thanks for your answer, well if you happen to have access to that lua script or at least know where I can find it, let me know. Thanks anyway

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for your answer, well if you happen to have access to that lua script or at least know where I can find it, let me know. Thanks anyway
You can find the original script by admiral_fish here, but I and a few others around have found that it doesn't work as well as you'd hope so I've made a few edited revisions of it to improve it, I think the most recent one is here: https://pastebin.com/Hk1uqG5W

If you have any questions about how to use it please don't hesitate to VM me!

Hello,

I'm trying to go for a shiny egg PID on Emerald. Target frame is 5510. Thing is I'm struggling to find out which frames I'm hitting, since there is only the gender, ability and nature to look at, so there are many possibilities... Is there a way to make this easier or should I just try to hit the right frame without any updates in eontimer?

Thanks for any reply.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hello,

I'm trying to go for a shiny egg PID on Emerald. Target frame is 5510. Thing is I'm struggling to find out which frames I'm hitting, since there is only the gender, ability and nature to look at, so there are many possibilities... Is there a way to make this easier or should I just try to hit the right frame without any updates in eontimer?

Thanks for any reply.
Our guide and this guide on reddit suggest using SpindaPainter to determine which frame you actually hit. Essentially you breed a Spinda then enter its spot pattern into that site to determine its PID. From there you can find what frame you hit, and how to update the eontimer. This is for calibration of the eontimer. Once you go through this process, you should be able to keep all the settings in the eontimer the same until you hit your target frame with the actual Pokemon you're after. Never tried it myself, but it seems like a good place to start.

Our guide and this guide on reddit suggest using SpindaPainter to determine which frame you actually hit. Essentially you breed a Spinda then enter its spot pattern into that site to determine its PID. From there you can find what frame you hit, and how to update the eontimer. This is for calibration of the eontimer. Once you go through this process, you should be able to keep all the settings in the eontimer the same until you hit your target frame with the actual Pokemon you're after. Never tried it myself, but it seems like a good place to start.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've already done the spinda painter process to find out my Base calibration value in eepid (in my case eepid told me my base calibration was 0). Sould I just keep everything the way it is?

Also, now that I read that part of the Smogon Guide again though, it says at the end "The calibration value can be affected by what's going on in the game. One thing that may affect it is the presence of a roamer. This will be your base calibration value." I've already caught my roamer. Does that chnge anything?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've already done the spinda painter process to find out my Base calibration value in eepid (in my case eepid told me my base calibration was 0). Sould I just keep everything the way it is?

Also, now that I read that part of the Smogon Guide again though, it says at the end "The calibration value can be affected by what's going on in the game. One thing that may affect it is the presence of a roamer. This will be your base calibration value." I've already caught my roamer. Does that chnge anything?
The calibration value to use in reporter will never be 0, I've never used eepid but if it says 0 then it's wrong. afaik the calibration is usually 18 or 19. Easiest way to check without spinda painter is to get an egg on a fairly early frame (with no redraws to make life easier for yourself) and then transfer it up to a Gen where you can get someone to check its PID then (do from here on even if you're using spinda) search for that in reporter with different values (I tend to start at 17 and work my way up 1 at a time) until you find it, then that'll be your calibration value for that save.

Re: roamer, I believe it only checks the released flag not the captured flag but if you're getting you calibration value using the above method or spinda painter then the effect of it doesn't mattern (you've already caught it so it's not like any roamer related flags can change)

sf edit: The reddit guide says "However, a good rule of thumb is that if the roaming Latias/Latios IS NOT CAPTURED, then the calibration should be 20. If the roaming Latias/Latios IS CAPTURED, then the calibration should be 19. (You will be able to confirm the calibration at the Spinda Painter step). " ty lego ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
The PID is random, right? Is there a way to RNG abuse for it?
Iirc, the method of PID generation for the gible (and dratini/haxorus) can't be abused for in normal means because the PID is modified to always be shiny. I don't believe the RNG reporter supports this method of PID generation for wild Pokemon (which, fun note, may also mean you'd have trouble RNGing for a specific gender/ability). The way in which the PID is forced to always be shiny may preclude the math to determine your SID as well, but I'm not sure since I don't know how the PID is formed. Either way, I think you'd need some external tool/method to check the PID, in which case you could just check your SID.

FYI in case someone comes across this, or you want to update your answer sumwun ;)

Also, obligatory gen 5 questions really belong here for future reference. Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm trying to RNG Mewtwo in Leaf Green on cartridge. I've been around the block with RSE manip; I'm not the most consistent, but i can reliably get within 3 frames on either side of my target and power through until i get it.

So anyway, I'm trying the process where you:
-save in front of the game corner prize guy
-set Eon Timer to variable target and start it when you press A on the Venusaur start screen (earlier tests on just Mewtwo predict I get a consistent ~90 frames of offset when I do this)
-Collect Dratini as fast as possible
-Fly to Cerulean, use repels and travel to Mewtwo
-Candy the Dratini to 100 and check its IVs, then press A on Mewtwo to pull up the text box.
-Use the IV to PID / Seed finder in 4th Gen tools to extract a seed
-Put that seed in the FRLG Seed finder application to get that 4 digit seed
-Plug that in to Method 1 RNG Reporter and search for a Mewtwo
-Put that time +90 frames into Eon Timer and update, initiate Mewtwo fight when it counts down.

The trouble is when I do this I get wider and less consistent offsets than I'm expecting, anywhere from 200-500 frames over target. My friend who is trying this same process with me is experiencing similar issues, and he's arguably more consistent than I am at hitting frames. Is it possible that any of the screens I'm traveling through are "noisy", as some forum posts here warn about? Does anyone with FRLG experience know what might be causing the problem here or have any advice? Thank you.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Gonna preface this with I have no experience :P But I'll take a stab at it anyway.

Only thing I'm not sure of is your last step. You say you put in your time from the RNGR into the Eon Timer + 90 frames for an offset, but are you taking into account the time since you started the game? From this post it sounds like the frame at which you get the Dratini is ~500, which is similar to the offset you're seeing. Could be a coincidence, but that could be your issue. It looks like that download link to Misdreavus' timer works still if you're interested in trying it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)