Resource Forum Rules and Reservation Index

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Cheers,

Welcome to the reservation thread for on-site articles; this is where our in-game guides and, hopefully, dynamic competitive guides get written.

Forum Moderators
DHR-107
shiny finder

Reservation List
PLA
- mass outbreaks

Sword/Shield
- Chaining
- Pokemon Camp
- Poke Jobs
- In-game tier lists
- Galar Completion Pokedex Guide
- Battle Crash Course (mostly done?)

Old Gens
- remaining in-game tier lists (e.g. HGSS)
- Encounter and Gift RNG (G7) (djura | ask Eisenherz )
- Hidden Power IV Combos
- Hax Compendium Guide
- Gen 4 Level 50 Battle Factory Guide
- Battle Agency Guide
- In-game feature guides:
-- Contests (DPP / ORAS)
-- Pokéathlon
-- Pokéradar / chain fishing (XY)
-- Battle CDs (XD)
-- DexNav (mostly done)
- SOS battles
- Pokemon Refresh
- LGPE

--Chaining
--stats
--berries/capture mechanics
-- LGPE TM Location Guide

Raids - Hare_vs_Tortoise and Max. Optimizer
LGPE/BDSP TM - Kalalokki
HP IV combos - Kalalokki

Reservation Rules
If you wish to reserve an article from the unreserved list above, post in this thread, and after a mod gives you the go-ahead, feel free to post a WIP thread in this forum. However, this is only a preliminary list and is not by any means everything there is to write out there; so, if you have any article ideas on your own, feel free to post them here, and after a mod approves it, feel free to start. Keep in mind that we do aim to provide the most high-quality content out there, so when submitting an in-game article idea, make sure that
- it covers the core games, no spinoffs;
- it is not readily available on a majority of other internet sites;
- it is useful for players who want to get the most out of their game, competitively or otherwise. EV training guides and in-game challenge guides (Pokeathlon, battle facilities) are fine; walkthroughs and Gym Leader guides are not.

Furthermore, while at this point in time the main focus of this forum is in-game articles, competitive articles--think threatlists, speed tiers, thorough and static playstyle guides--are more than fair game too; be aware that shorter playstyle guides are generally better suited to Smogon's Flying Press. Same deal here, post in this thread with your idea, and if it's good we'll give you the okay. Keep in mind that current-gen competitive articles might need to wait a bit before going on-site, since we want to complete a certain number first before setting up an index page.

Thread Tags
WIP - You are actively writing the article, and it is not yet ready for other people to look at. Please know that we will keep a close eye on your WIP articles, and if you don't show any progress in a month, your reservation may be revoked.

Quality Control - This is where experienced and knowledgeable users make sure the content of the article is up to par. Unlike analysis subforums, we don't have a set QC team due to the wide variety of content we produce; when your article is ready for QC, we will tag the appropriate people. No set number of QC checks either; if it's good to move to GP, it's good to move to GP.

Copyediting - The content of the article is done, and now the Grammar-Prose team takes over. Add [GP 0/2] to your thread title, and post the link to your thread in the GP queue (Gen 8). Articles will need two GP checks; for a quick guide on how to implement them, check out this video. Long articles may be split over multiple threads in order to make them easier to chew for the GP team; for you as a writer this changes nothing, other than that you'll have to keep your eye on multiple threads.

HTML - After you implement both GP checks, you are for all intents and purposes done; an HTMLer will code your article in order to prepare it to be put on-site, and afterwards they'll tag me to check the code.

Done - Congratulations! Your article is completed and will be updated to the site at our earliest convenience.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us any time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've thrown a PM to OrangeGuru about the Colosseum tier list. While neither of us can organize it at the moment, I think we can lay out the groundwork to adjust the process and account for the Shadow Pokémon mechanic.

There are some guides that are being worked on in the Orange Islands forum. Should they be moved here?
would depend on what the guide is and if the writer(s) would like to get it on-site. if you want to pm me links to the threads you're thinking of, i'll check them out / run them past the other articles mods / see if the authors want to move them over here~
I've thrown a PM to OrangeGuru about the Colosseum tier list. While neither of us can organize it at the moment, I think we can lay out the groundwork to adjust the process and account for the Shadow Pokémon mechanic.
meant to reply to this earlier, but what to you mean by lay out the groundwork? if you want to just get a thread started for now and not worry about the actual organizing part, go ahead; we can work out the rest later.

also we approved tj's berry guide days ago in pm and it's already started, just mentioning for the record~

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
meant to reply to this earlier, but what to you mean by lay out the groundwork? if you want to just get a thread started for now and not worry about the actual organizing part, go ahead; we can work out the rest later.
I wanted to talk to him about how to handle the rule where tiering doesn't take other Pokémon into account. Shadow Pokémon start out with one move (Shadow Rush) upon capture and cannot level up or learn new moves until purified, and later ones take longer to purify. This leads to anything obtained after Pyrite taking a huge hit to viability due to being borderline worthless when captured and sucking up resources to make them usable.

Also, I wanted to figure out how to handle tiering in relation to the 2 Time Flutes.

I need to talk to OrangeGuru about one more thing, then I can maybe get a thread up tomorrow.

I wanted to talk to him about how to handle the rule where tiering doesn't take other Pokémon into account. Shadow Pokémon start out with one move (Shadow Rush) upon capture and cannot level up or learn new moves until purified, and later ones take longer to purify. This leads to anything obtained after Pyrite taking a huge hit to viability due to being borderline worthless when captured and sucking up resources to make them usable.

Also, I wanted to figure out how to handle tiering in relation to the 2 Time Flutes.

I need to talk to OrangeGuru about one more thing, then I can maybe get a thread up tomorrow.
Gotcha, and yeah, in that case, I'd suggest a separate section for shadow mons. They're all in direct competition with each other due to identical initial flaws.

Haven't actually played the game, so dunno anything about the time flutes, but guessing that's something you can work out with guru.

Yeah, sounds good ^.^

Could I reserve Berries Guide please

E: Do I need to pick a specific tier? If so HGSS, ORAS or XY are fine if any aren't written

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Could I reserve Berries Guide please

E: Do I need to pick a specific tier? If so HGSS, ORAS or XY are fine if any aren't written
The SM guide is currently looking for a co-writer, so it's preferred if you want to help out with that one, otherwise any of those three should work.

also Dream Radar RNG guide (RNG Reporter) is back up for reservation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)