The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

The stats have been put on the main post, and do we want to do shinies for every single alolan cap? I just have to know for formatting the main post. Cool Shades the Kid I guess we can do that but then what to do with it's type.

What about Malaconda's Pre-evo Brattler.
It can stay the same typing as its evolution I would think.

also dex entry for snuglow

Snuglow the tide rider pokemon

Sun: Snuglow may be weak but It can still out speed It's pretadors In the sea which makes it not have to worry to much about dying.

Moon: Snuglow can be seen swimming chasing each other as a fun game, but when they get too far off plasmantas out speed them and bring them back to their den.

If you cannot already tell my intentions who ever makes the stats for plasmanta's/snugglow's stats should make it be fast.

Last edited:
Crucibelle can have regenerator and multiescale, and adaptability the hidden ability

after mega-envolve remplace his ability for adaptability

all shinys (and no shinys)
AUROMOH SH.png
frontnormal-maurumoth.png
frontnormal-mfidgit sh.png
frontnormal-mfidgit.png
frontnormal-mkitsunoh sh.png
frontnormal-mkitsunoh.png
frontnormal-mmalaconda shy.png
frontnormal-mmalaconda.png
frontnormal-mnecturine sh.png
frontnormal-mnecturine.png
frontnormal-mnecturna sh.png
frontnormal-mnecturna.png
frontnormal-mplasmanta sh.png
frontnormal-mplasmanta.png
frontnormal-mstratagem sh.png
frontnormal-mstratagem.png
frontnormal-msyclant sh.png
frontnormal-msyclant.png
frontshiny-fmollux sh.png
frontshiny-fmollux.png
Nohface sh.png
Nohface.png
rattler sh.png
rattler.png
snugglow shiny.png
snuglow.png
front-mcrucibelle-mega alola shiny.png
front-mcrucibelle-mega alola.png
frontnormal-mcrucibelle-base alola shiny.png
frontnormal-mcrucibelle-base alola.png

Last edited:
I've been without internet for the last few weeks (outside of phone), and have only just completed Sun.

Of the existing CAPS that we have, what are some of the most notable effects you've seen from the new generation?

Z-Belly Drum on Cawmodore gives it a heal option out of the same slot, Z-Parting Shot makes Kerfluffle even better at the switching (at the expense of its otherwise Life Orb reliant damage), and Naviathan gets Z-Splash for +3 Attack.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I've been without internet for the last few weeks (outside of phone), and have only just completed Sun.

Of the existing CAPS that we have, what are some of the most notable effects you've seen from the new generation?

Z-Belly Drum on Cawmodore gives it a heal option out of the same slot, Z-Parting Shot makes Kerfluffle even better at the switching (at the expense of its otherwise Life Orb reliant damage), and Naviathan gets Z-Splash for +3 Attack.
Hi, since this thread is for non-competitive discussion, this question would be much better suited for this thread:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-cap-metagame-discussion.3587865/

I would like to continue that. I was not part of it, but i heard about it and it sounded fun.

Does anybody want to continue the alolan cap project, twas fun and I miss it quite a bit.
I wish they add alolan CAPs to PS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay awesome we still have a few more stats and dex entries to work on but the main thing I think we should start on are move pools, we have been procrastinating it quite a bit but we still should pull it together to make them.
(when i think of a move pool I will edit it onto here.)

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hi guys, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but you guys making "Alolan CAPs", talking back and forth bouncing small ideas, really clutters up the thread. It's awesome that you guys want to work on a mini-project like this, but I recommend you find another way of fleshing out your ideas (Skype, discord, etc.) and then making a longer post showing off what you guys have done. It could be similar to how we did the recent flashCAP; we used a medium other than this thread to develop it and then made a final product post.

Good idea, just two questions, can I use conversations to work on the alolan caps? Additionally when things have been created can i add them to the main post with the alolan caps here in the thread?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Do not use this thread as a discussion thread for the creation of Pokemon. Do not post personal fakemon creations in this thread, including Alolan CAPs. The only Alolan CAPs that will be allowed to be posted are ones generated by the community in a recognized CAP chat such as PS or IRC or in the future possibly Discord. Having a closed conversation will not be allowed; the chat method must be open to the community and recognized as being CAP official.

The Alolan banter has derailed this thread far enough and it's time for it to stop, sorry.

Sunfished Looks much better than the art from the poll. It feels final now! Could someone post this artwork to the CAP subsite, rather than the flat color version?

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks guys!

I don't think it's allowed to change artwork, but it would be pretty rad!

And sure. I have some free time, so styling some of the cap art like this would be a fun past time, and help me immensely on learning how to get this style down

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

cuz CAP needs more bunnies :3

---
darmico - there's reasons why prevos aren't made for LC, a quick search brings up these posts (there's probably more):
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/proposal-making-caps-for-metagames-other-- than-ou-24-hr-language-amendment.3470798/#post-4453972
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pre-evo-poll-postponed.3468554/#post-4290404
That said, there's nothing to stop you running your own server with them included, of course :]
Now that CAP LC is a thing, do you think you could make shinies? :D

HeaL also mentioned on PS! that there could be a few tweaks to the current renders: the shine on the head makes it look balloony, and the image as a whole looks a bit big for a first-stage Pokemon.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, now that CAP LC is out, I made party icons for all of the CAP pre-evos. :D

Here's the full icon sheet with every CAP up to Kerfluffle (even the unfinished pre-evos), separated by generation (please full-view):

Edit: Updated Scratchet and Monohm according to KrazyCake's feedback. :)
Edit 2: Made the image link a permalink. (On Imgur.)

Last edited:
Also, now that CAP LC is out, I made party icons for all of the CAP pre-evos. :D

Here's the full icon sheet with every CAP up to Kerfluffle (even the unfinished pre-evos), separated by generation (please full-view):
Oh my, these are amazing! Could I be a naughty nit picking nit picker? Scratchets nose and body shape looks a bit off imo and maybe you should move Monohms head back by a little bit. That being said, I really like what you've done Quany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)