Approved The CAP Project Room: Let's try this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, remember like 4 months ago when I posted this article approval, then had to shelve it b/c two others wanted to co-write this? Well, they seem to have lost all interest in the possibility of writing this, but I haven't. I would like to give it a go and hopefully get it approved for the second time.

What is the CAP Project?
  • Here I will elaborate on the goals of the project, and what the process entails
  • Dedicated to exploring the OU metagame with our creations, while learning more about the metagame in the process
  • Creating a Pokemon is a complicated, community driven process (will briefly explain the sequence of events)
What is the CAP Metagame?
  • I'll explain how the CAP metagame evolved from the works of the project
  • It is OU with all of our past CAP creations available for use
  • With 19 (currently) new Pokemon in the CAP metagame, you can use strategies that you would normally not be able to in regular OU
What are some past CAP Pokemon, and what did they intend to do?
  • I'll discuss some of our more popular CAP mons, and explain their processes and what they do now in the metagame
What's the best way to get involved in CAP?
  • First, I will explain how CAP is always looking for new blood
  • It's easy to get involved with the project. Now that the readers have a sense about what it entails, they can jump into the CAP 20 process and can contribute their ideas at will
  • Refer back to the CAP mons that I highlighted in the previous section, and encourage them to start building teams around them
What do we do in the CAP Project room?
  • We discuss everything related to CAP, from the process itself to the metagame
  • We'll give our thoughts about whatever stage the process is currently at. At the time of writing, we're on Stats, so we discuss what stats we are looking for and critique the proposed spreads of others
  • As for the metagame, we talk about how all the CAP mons interact with the OU environment and discuss strategies for CAP mons and regular mons alike
  • We'll even host CAP tournaments on a regular basis, though we never schedule them
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the CAP room. We're always here to help!

Last edited:
add a section on the cap room specifically and the ROs and I'm cool with it, wait for another mods approval though

Leaving the ROs out I think would actually be a good thing. Articles are becoming increasingly all about staff - if it's about the room and what's talked about rather than who the staff are then that'd be preferable.

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Leaving the ROs out I think would actually be a good thing. Articles are becoming increasingly all about staff - if it's about the room and what's talked about rather than who the staff are then that'd be preferable.
Double posting, don't care. Perhaps I could simply leave a message like "direct any questions to ROs Birkal and jas61292"; would that be ok? Or should I not mention them at all?

Double posting, don't care. Perhaps I could simply leave a message like "direct any questions to ROs Birkal and jas61292"; would that be ok? Or should I not mention them at all?
Is there any reason for questions to be directed to them? I think it could go to any auth in the room or just encourage them to chat in CAP.

Empress

Is there any reason for questions to be directed to them? I think it could go to any auth in the room or just encourage them to chat in CAP.
Yeah, you're probably right. Simply encouraging them to chat in the room is probably the best plan.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Confirmation that this will be primarily about the processes in the room rather than all about the project on the forum? Because if this is mostly geared towards Smogon-related activities, then it belongs in The Smog.

Empress

Confirmation that this will be primarily about the processes in the room rather than all about the project on the forum? Because if this is mostly geared towards Smogon-related activities, then it belongs in The Smog.
Confirmed. I'll explain what we do in the room with regards to the smogon-related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)