Have a question? Ask it here! - The Player Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any questions about Showdown's new webzine, ask them here! Please don't make a new thread for questions. This thread is where they go. You can alternatively contact a staff member in The Player (antemortem, Spydreigon, f(x), and Quarkz).
  1. All Smogon Global Rules apply.
  2. If your question pertains to another area of the site, you can look at another thread like this.
  3. Try to quote the post your answering in order to keep the thread clean.
  4. Check out other resources in The Player's subforum as they'll often answer your question.
  5. Don't ask competitive questions or any others not to do with The Player in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly sure if this is he correct place to ask this question and I apologise if it isn't. Is there a thread, or something that explains what exactly The Player is? What it's purpose is? Etc...

Much appreciated :]

I'm not exactly sure if this is he correct place to ask this question and I apologise if it isn't. Is there a thread, or something that explains what exactly The Player is? What it's purpose is? Etc...

Much appreciated :]
The Player is a PS webzine with articles, art, and lots of opportunities to contribute. Scene will be posting a thread with details shortly, so just hang in there.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what kind of articles will the player have? will there be stuff like metagame articles and pokemon spotlights or just stuff related to PS updates, rooms, etc.?

what kind of articles will the player have? will there be stuff like metagame articles and pokemon spotlights or just stuff related to PS updates, rooms, etc.?
Articles about any aspect of PS, such as rooms, staff, laddering, sprites etc. We won't be having stuff like metagame analyses or major competitive stuff. PS "updates" are what PS news is. PS news will be a section in The Player.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
What would one be doing if they want to help contribute to this, yet is unsure of how to start? Or where to start?

Also, will this be the new news on the side when you log in? that would be nice...

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What would one be doing if they want to help contribute to this, yet is unsure of how to start? Or where to start?

Also, will this be the new news on the side when you log in? that would be nice...
Contribution for the Player will be similar to that of the Smog. If you have an idea for an article, summarize it in the article applications forums and if it's approved by the staff, you'll be let into the workshop where you can write your article.

The Player's news article are not going to replace the typical Showdown News updates; they will supplement each other. The webzine is only going to be released every month or so, compared to the ~weekly necessity of a news update.

Will users be able to amcheck articles then have an official member of GP go over it (similar to analyses)? I know it's a simple question, just wanted some clarification.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Will users be able to amcheck articles then have an official member of GP go over it (similar to analyses)? I know it's a simple question, just wanted some clarification.
As of right now, only official members of the GP team can GP check, though you might want to contact Vacate about this sort of possibility in the future.

This should answer any questions you may have. If you have any other, feel free to shoot me a PM on here or on PS.

Can there be a list of idea's that have already been approved so that we don't duplicate articles by accident?

Also as a suggestion, what about an example submission in the subform so people can get an idea of how to submit that's literally right where they need to.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would try to not duplicate those already in an issue. And if it's a duplication, the staff will let you know. We can't actually give you a list of what's been approved because then you'll know what's in the next issue. :x

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
im just curious, why did you guys decide to go with an entirely new webzine instead of just getting a section made solely for pokemon showdown news and stuff within the smog? it seems like the articles would benefit from the extra readership that the smog would provide

im just curious, why did you guys decide to go with an entirely new webzine instead of just getting a section made solely for pokemon showdown news and stuff within the smog? it seems like the articles would benefit from the extra readership that the smog would provide
Many PS users aren't really interested in Smogon and it's much easier to attract writers and readers to a solely PS media project.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Would it be possible to be apart of the player's staff, or contributors, without havingto think of a new article each issue? What I mean is, I would want to help out with the webzine, yet not have to think of a different article each issue. Is there a way you could join? or is there no "openings" or the people who are staff strictly showdown staff.

Thanks for doing this. Also, I added a link of the player to the media roomintro... soo... yep.

Would it be possible to be apart of the player's staff, or contributors, without havingto think of a new article each issue? What I mean is, I would want to help out with the webzine, yet not have to think of a different article each issue. Is there a way you could join? or is there no "openings" or the people who are staff strictly showdown staff.

Thanks for doing this. Also, I added a link of the player to the media roomintro... soo... yep.
There are other ways to get involved away from writing which can be found here. For writers who have written an article or two, they may be able to use some of the article ideas listed in The Kiln.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
I have an idea for article about omega Ruby saying it's about mega pokemon and and some data about pokemon is that allowed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)