Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching some playthroughs of hack games like Naranja and Prism, it really makes me wish Nintendo would add more character and deviate some more from the pokemon formula.

^ Archeops, people are just clinging to the hope of legionaries.
Clinging? Not exactly. No other bird shares as many characteristics with the silhouette as Articuno. The curved part above its head, the shape of the wing feathers, the shape of its belly and breast, similarities of its crest, none of which Archeops shares. In fact, Archeops hardly looks like a bird and clearly the silhouette is of a bird (pay attention to the feather shapes and belly structure, almost all bird Pokemon share similarities and Archeops is completely different).

Clinging? Not exactly. No other bird shares as many characteristics with the silhouette as Articuno. The curved part above its head, the shape of the wing feathers, the shape of its belly and breast, similarities of its crest, none of which Archeops shares. In fact, Archeops hardly looks like a bird and clearly the silhouette is of a bird (pay attention to the feather shapes and belly structure, almost all bird Pokemon share similarities and Archeops is completely different).
The "crest" really just looks likes the ruff around Archeops neck. The belly, looks the same, it only seems different in the sprite because it is not head on. The shape of the wing feathers, well that one there is some merit too. Archeops looks very much like the silhouette. Its not 100% perfect because of the feather shape, but Art's doesn't completely match up either.

The "crest" really just looks likes the ruff around Archeops neck. The belly, looks the same, it only seems different in the sprite because it is not head on. The shape of the wing feathers, well that one there is some merit too. Archeops looks very much like the silhouette. Its not 100% perfect because of the feather shape, but Art's doesn't completely match up either.

Let's see... his claws are at the END of his wings, not the middle. It's possible his feathers extend outwards so it appears his claws are in the middle of his wing, though. His belly is almost perfectly round with no belly feathers hanging down like Articuno could possibly have. His head is far too small, as is his neck, with nothing that could possibly resemble the odd part above the silhouette's head. Meanwhile, Articuno doesn't share its proportions (people say its legs and crest are too thin/thick, respectively), the tuft on the sides of its head (Archeops doesn't share this, either), and the possible hands in the middle of the wings. Neither are 100% sure, but to say we're clinging to a legendary despite it sharing the same, if not more, number of characteristics as Archeops is absurd. I guess we'll find out sooner or later, and I'm sure we'll either be disappointed or even more excited.

There is really too much speculation with this image, you have to remember this image is supposed to showcase 3D effects, so the image is going to be a little bit warped and slightly different than the Pokemon than when we have previously seen it. Therefore it is not going to be much use for us to speculate this image when it is just going to be a pokemon that we have already seen. They WILL NOT release any new pokemon in B2 or W2, just different forms of pokemon that we have previously seen since it is not a new generation, and it is unlikely that any of the bird pokemon are going to receive any new forms.
This thread was made so that people that are excited for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 could have conversation and make fun guesses about what they expect it will be about. It's not harming anyone when they make these speculations, so why not?

Do you think they'll ever release the bird's picture, whatever it is? Maybe this is how you catch pokemon in the game, with their silhouettes. What if we NEVER FIND OUT if it was an Articuno, Pidgeot, or (the off chance it was an) Archeops?

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Do you think they'll ever release the bird's picture, whatever it is? Maybe this is how you catch pokemon in the game, with their silhouettes. What if we NEVER FIND OUT if it was an Articuno, Pidgeot, or (the off chance it was an) Archeops?
We'll find out eventually. They used silhouettes for the Rotom Forms in Pokemon Platinum, maybe it's a new form or evolution of a certain Flying-type Pokemon, who knows?

We'll find out soon enough, eh? ;3 Maybe it's a new Pokémon entirely, who knows?~
I don't know why I find this to be the most likely explanation right now, and I would never believe mid-gen releases of pokemon, especially with genesect still unreleased. Let's just troll everyone and screw cross compatability all in one go.

The new Pokémon could already be coded into BW as unused data, perhaps? Gen 1 had a whole lot of that, and most of them were new Pokémon that were used in Gen 2.

breh

強いだね
The only thing coded into gen 1 that was relevant to gen 2 was the steel type (which has a gibberish name but is functionally identical). Beyond that, nothing was specifically coded into gen 1 but not utilized until gen 2. the reason some glitchmons become GSC pokemon when transferred is unrelated.

The only thing coded into gen 1 that was relevant to gen 2 was the steel type (which has a gibberish name but is functionally identical). Beyond that, nothing was specifically coded into gen 1 but not utilized until gen 2. the reason some glitchmons become GSC pokemon when transferred is unrelated.
Well the fact that there was suppose to be 190 pokemon in the first generation and 39 of them were cut out, it's a likely possibility that some of those pokemon are now in future Generations. (That would be an interesting question to ask them, who were those 39 pokemon?)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure someone would of already found it even if it was in unused data.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hmm... looks like the picture I wanted to put in my previous post didn't work on other PCs than my own.

*digs up old PhotoBucket account*

Again, tail outlined in red. Knees pointing away from the camera.

Hmm... looks like the picture I wanted to put in my previous post didn't work on other PCs than my own.

*digs up old PhotoBucket account*

Again, tail outlined in red. Knees pointing away from the camera.

I think you should try coloring and outlining as if it where flying away from the camera, since it seems it's more like that.

I think you should try coloring and outlining as if it where flying away from the camera, since it seems it's more like that.
No it wouldn't matter. It's a silhouette so if you completely flip it around 180 degrees it'll look exactly the same. It's easy enough to imagine for yourself and you'll see that it looks exactly the same.

But yeah, it's Articuno. I don't give a shit what anyone else says, it's pretty damn obvious to me.

No it wouldn't matter. It's a silhouette so if you completely flip it around 180 degrees it'll look exactly the same. It's easy enough to imagine for yourself and you'll see that it looks exactly the same.

But yeah, it's Articuno. I don't give a shit what anyone else says, it's pretty damn obvious to me.
If it's not Articuno then my second guess would be a Jigglypuff from above.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's worth a look:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/movie/
It's a promotional video for B2W2 and the Keldeo movie. It has many exciting footage of actual in-game play.

Also, if you follow this link, you'd get to see more (new?) information about the new games. (They're all in Japanese, though.)
Only thing new I saw in that was an image of Weavile. Welp that's good. For any weavile fans, I guess....
Maybe rival and professor names, I dunno if they were already known.
And doesn't it give the names of the Player Characters? Dunno I don't read Japanese. Or was the names of the PC's already known?

Only thing new I saw in that was an image of Weavile. Welp that's good. For any weavile fans, I guess....
Maybe rival and professor names, I dunno if they were already known.
And doesn't it give the names of the Player Characters? Dunno I don't read Japanese. Or was the names of the PC's already known?
The professor's name is already known: Akuroma.

As for the Rival, it's been showcased on Pokémon Smash that we get to actually pick his name like in previous generations once again.

The player characters are called "Black2" (male) or "White2" (female) in each instance of a player's name shown thus far ('cept maybe in Pokémon Smash's exhibition of the early gameplay, I don't recollect). They're just "filler" names, though.

Well, he's a mysterious man in a lab coat who researches Pokémon abilities and occasionally assists you along your journey. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's completely replacing Juniper, but it's not out of the question.

Would be a huge twist if he ended up being an enemy. Maybe Ghetsis and Team Plasma really have disappeared, and a new Team is rampant? Could be likely, since there hasn't been a trace of Team Plasma at all in any of the scans that Corocoro or any other sites have been putting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)