Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
because DW ou is planned to become the standard ou in the future does that mean that excadrill, chomp, manaphy, thundurus, blaziken and deo-s are going to be unbanned? also would the soul dew make lati@s uber because it is uber in dw?

When Soul Dew's released, the item itself will be banned from OU. Lati@s likely won't go anywhere.

If we got all of the DW Pokemon, tomorrow, all of those Pokemon would likely be allowed back in OU. However, by the time we get everything that's allowed in DW OU, we'll have likely rebanned a few of those Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that every Pokemon banned in DW OU will never be allowed back in OU, unless there's some sort of huge mechanic/movepool change that either nerfs them or makes their counters/checks much better.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As for the first question, I dunno. As for the second, I presume that's simply because instead of banning the ability they actually banned Snover and Abomasnow themselves to BL, so there was no need to actually ban the ability itself in the lower tier since it simply doesn't exist in those teirs.
Yes but this is true for SS + Drizzle also, but they are still banned in the lower tiers, for reasons regarding principle i guess. So why Snow Warning isn't also banned?

Hail is also banned in RU and NU.
If this is true then the Banlist page needs an update. I have put a link, in the post that i asked the question, and you can see that Snow Warning isn't banned in all tiers lower than UU.

Yes but this is true for SS + Drizzle also, but they are still banned in the lower tiers, for reasons regarding principle i guess. So why Snow Warning isn't also banned?

If this is true then the Banlist page needs an update. I have put a link, in the post that i asked the question, and you can see that Snow Warning isn't banned in all tiers lower than UU.
Well the difference between the SS + Drizzle ban and the Hail ban is that Politoed isn't banned from the lower tiers; he's OU. It's therefore TECHNICALLY possible that he could drop tiers, and as such the ban would then become relevant. Now in reality that's never going to happen, but there you have it. The Hail ban has Snover and Abomasnow put in BL, which can't have Pokemon leave it except by direct action by tiering mods. In the process of deciding on this direct action they'd probably make changes to the bans anyway, so having the ban apply downwards isn't necessary.

That's my reasoning on it anyway, and all of it is totally hypothetical anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
your reasoning would be correct and is the same reason why Bad Dreams is not a banned ability in OU (not that Darkrai was banned for Bad Dreams ability it's just the first that came to mind) Were theoretically another pokemon to get drought, say, persian, it would be unable to use that ability in the lower tiers, but if Cryogonal got Snow Warning it would be, because the inducers were banned in the one instance and the ability in the other

How do i change to new Rotom Form in the latest Pokemon Online updates? I cant seem to find the "advance" button?
"Advanced" is the button immediately below the Pokémon's sprite. You will then click the "Alternate Forme" button in the bottom right hand corner of the TeamBuilder

I was wondering, What happens to Tornadus's Typing when it carries an Iron Ball or if Gravity is in effect?

Does it Lose it's Flying type?

If it does lose it's flying type, what type does it become?
It just loses its immunity to ground moves, the typing of the Pokemon doesn't change.
Oh ok interesting

So Flying Pokemon still keep their Ice, Electric and Rock Weaknesses and their Fighting, Bug and Grass Resistances?

I thought Gravity would work like a permanent Roost where while your grounded you lose your weakness and resistances.

Could you please confirm for me?

thanks

Maaf

Let's go for Nanar sweep
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes you keep your resistances and weaknesses, as you only lose your Ground immunity. Roost works the same way, you "land" so lose your Ground immunity, but still have other resistances due to your Flying type.

Yes you keep your resistances and weaknesses, as you only lose your Ground immunity. Roost works the same way, you "land" so lose your Ground immunity, but still have other resistances due to your Flying type.
Actually, Roost completely removes the Pokemon's Flying-type. So if you use Roost with a Gliscor, it will only be singly weak to Ice and have a resistance to Rock. If a pure Flying-type uses Roost, it becomes a pure Normal-type until the end of the turn.

does Cell Battery raise a ground types attack if its hit by an electric attack? or has volt absorb? and i assume that the holder still takes damage from the electric move, as long as there are no immunity's? so gengar would have to survive the volt switch in order to raise its attack?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone tell me if the OU ladder is going to be reset in April? I am mostly asking mods and site staff members, since i am not expecting anyone else to know...

BurningMan

fueled by beer
does Cell Battery raise a ground types attack if its hit by an electric attack? or has volt absorb? and i assume that the holder still takes damage from the electric move, as long as there are no immunity's? so gengar would have to survive the volt switch in order to raise its attack?
Cell battery only raises the attack if you take damage from the electric attack so if you are a ground type or you got volt absorb or motor drive you won't get the boost. So a Pokemon would of course have to take the damage of an electric type attack before getting the boost from cell battery.

Been trying to read this forum in the hope of finding an answer, but I've yet to.. (Sorry if there is one)

How does the tier system work? I get there are different Pokemon in it, but is it a case of you can only use those Pokemon in the tier they're mentioned in? Rather confused. D:

Been trying to read this forum in the hope of finding an answer, but I've yet to.. (Sorry if there is one)

How does the tier system work? I get there are different Pokemon in it, but is it a case of you can only use those Pokemon in the tier they're mentioned in? Rather confused. D:
You can only use the pokemon mentioned and all pokemon in lower tiers.

For reference, here is a list:

Ubers (Uber, OU, BL, UU, BL2, RU, and NU pokemon are allowed)

OU (OU, BL, UU, BL2, RU, and NU pokemon are allowed)

UU (UU, BL2, RU, and NU pokemon are allowed)

RU ( RU and NU pokemon are allowed)

NU (Only NU pokemon are allowed)

Let's say I want to make a rain dance team with mostly water pokemon. Who are the pokemon that could suitably shut down a team comp like this, i.e. the ones I should look out for? I already figure Ferrothorn will be a problem as well as special walls like Blissey/Chansey and Jellicent.

Also, any general tips you might have for building rain dance teams would be appreciated.

Let's say I want to make a rain dance team with mostly water pokemon. Who are the pokemon that could suitably shut down a team comp like this, i.e. the ones I should look out for? I already figure Ferrothorn will be a problem as well as special walls like Blissey/Chansey and Jellicent.

Also, any general tips you might have for building rain dance teams would be appreciated.
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ou_rain

You have the basic idea right now, except make sure that your team isn't all Water-types. Think of other Pokés that work well in rain like Scizor for the reduced Fire weakness or something like Raikou which gets good Electric STAB and Weather Ball at the far end of the spectrum of things to use in rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)