winter sucks

How are you children getting snow days? I've experienced -52C where there was no closures of ANYTHING and like 4 feet of snow where we didn't miss a beat.

Pussies.

Ya, thats what we get for living in the city/not alberta
My dad never got a snowday when he was a kid (he lived quite a ways north of thunder bay) always complains when I get one

okay I think this storm might have been karma for me taunting chaos, but I do not know if that is too egotistical!! either way 31 during the day in south Texas is mindfuckingly cold (the coldest day of the year this far). No snow of course :'(

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How are you children getting snow days? I've experienced -52C where there was no closures of ANYTHING and like 4 feet of snow where we didn't miss a beat.

Pussies.
Indeed, when I was younger there wasn't any snow-days and the weather was completely terrible, kids nowadays get No school if there's like 4 inches of snow rather then 4 feet.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Pussies.
Most places don't have the kind of vehicles that can deal with that amount of snow. Taunton does a terrible job plowing the streets and we have a decent number of people who have plows on their pickups. It's damned laughable.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Enjoy the snow days while you can, because once you graduate college and enter the real world snow days cease to exist. Unless there's a foot or more on the ground, you're going to be expected to come to the office anyway. The closest I've come to a snow day this winter was "come in at 10 instead of 9 so you have time to unbury your car".

So therefore kids - don't be a fool, stay in school :)
Yeah my place of business is still open, HOWEVER, they said "use your own judgement if you can come in or not."

I judged I could not and have been playing WoW all day.

Most places don't have the kind of vehicles that can deal with that amount of snow. Taunton does a terrible job plowing the streets and we have a decent number of people who have plows on their pickups. It's damned laughable.
Are you kidding me? Our city has the strategy of waiting for warmer weather (Chinooks) to come through and clear the roads. Side streets remain covered in snow and ice til april!

Are you kidding me? Our city has the strategy of waiting for warmer weather (Chinooks) to come through and clear the roads. Side streets remain covered in snow and ice til april!
lol that's just weird, toronto usually un-plowed snow will melt in about march. but by then it's just a mud-snow mess.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
SO, school was just cancelled for tomorrow at UW-Madison due to the inpending blizzard happening now in Wisconsin. I can honestly say, I love winter for that.

Here in Australia, winter=no snow unless you live up in the Alps or in Tasmania, where it snowed for 3 minutes this summer while I was on holiday bushwalking there with my mum. I like winter way more than summer because I love the rain and cool cloud formations, the fact I can rug up in 4 layers of clothing(IDK why, but I like this) and the lack of heat! I get too dazed by summer. This summer has been cooler and wetter but the glare and sickening heat rays just ruin it for me! My favourite season is definitely autumn, though. The mix of rain, mild weather, tree leaves both falling and staying green which creates a lovely effect (eucalypts are evergreens) and that odd scent in the air just makes it so...soothing. Plus we get the least homework in autumn for some reason.

Aku, there was one back in 2003, but you might not of been in school/remember it.

But it's strange how Toronto schools usually never close with much more snow than this. To be honest, it seems like it was the "reputation" of the storm that closed it.

Fine by me though, I'm sitting in bed.

jesus this ice storm sucks.

there's a one-inch thick sheet of ice on all the sidewalks.

although we have passed the 273.15 Kelvin mark.

So I am in Michigan. They kept saying since Saturday this day was going to be the Snowpocalypse, or the Snownami. Some said 12 inches, some said 17 inches, some said it was going to snow from 5pm (yesterday) to 7pm (today). 26 hours. It DID start around 5, and we do have about 9 inches, but this snow storm of course was over-exaggerated. I even heard rumors of "snow-lightning" which I never even heard of until last night.

That being said, it is only 10am right now and its still snowing, although lightly, and no where near is bad as it was last night. I am not quite ruling it out yet, perhaps the weather is just tricking us and going to hit us hard later.

Being a teacher, I am glad. I was really hoping for a snow day. I have been hoping for one for a long while. I am glad it finally is happening.

Aku, there was one back in 2003, but you might not of been in school/remember it.

But it's strange how Toronto schools usually never close with much more snow than this. To be honest, it seems like it was the "reputation" of the storm that closed it.
Yeah, I've definitely hiked through worse storms then this to get to school. I guess that the U.S. is getting hit so bad all us canadians are thinking that we should duck and cover as well.
I don't remember that one in '03, I would have been in grade four or five. I have gotten a half day from snow in highschool (three years ago) but that's all I can remember as far as snowdays go.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I am in Michigan. They kept saying since Saturday this day was going to be the Snowpocalypse, or the Snownami. Some said 12 inches, some said 17 inches, some said it was going to snow from 5pm (yesterday) to 7pm (today). 26 hours. It DID start around 5, and we do have about 9 inches, but this snow storm of course was over-exaggerated. I even heard rumors of "snow-lightning" which I never even heard of until last night.

That being said, it is only 10am right now and its still snowing, although lightly, and no where near is bad as it was last night. I am not quite ruling it out yet, perhaps the weather is just tricking us and going to hit us hard later.

Being a teacher, I am glad. I was really hoping for a snow day. I have been hoping for one for a long while. I am glad it finally is happening.
Last night was horrible. Thankfully the snow drifts were pretty small, but I couldn't even stand outside for long. The wind and snow were pretty intense. I'm actually glad I had to go home at Midnight since that means less cars on the road. I think I'm going to stay at home today.

Most snow in Chicago apparent since the 60s with 20 inches of snow. Pretty awesome/beautiful to look at.

Also, Chicago Tribune should stop abbreviating "bad Lake Shore Drive trip" as "bad LSD trip."

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
my back yard yesterday

back yard today!

notice how things have been substantially buried! ack, this snow is crazy cool and all, but i'm starting to get cabin feverrrrr r rr r

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)