CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've traced the source of most of these glitches to a single source in the single player and I really regret not having caught this myself before releasing it. My apologies if the inconsistent Arcade experience hampers your enjoyment of the game.

Thank you for making these problems known, I'll spend more time testing for these bugs in the future.
Another bug that MIGHT be related to the above:

Okay, so Colossoil swept the floor with my Syclant (whose combos I have not yet perfected, though I'm getting better with Fury Cutter and I'm slowly mastering Blizzard) on Breezin'.

After losing both matches , instead of the Game Over screen, the victory screen appeared with NO caption, and no Colossoil pic.

Vitalimar (who I was better against,) came right after.

I should probably be grateful for the bug, but is it possible to be fixed?

Just posting to say that Seismis Tossing Colossoil with Vitalimar is probably the most fun I've ever had!! All of the new characters I find are excellent, they're well done and nothing is super overpowered, even if I STILL cant get to the final boss...

Also, I just discovered how to use Skulloton as a playable character!!! Although without his moves its tough using him. I've figured out that dbf-a is his wrench jump, ub-m is his fists shooting out in the air, df-a is bullet punch Im assuming, and holding down d and f and using w and s has interesting effects. I did his super move by accident once, still havent figured out the combo.

Its actually dfdf-a, and his wrench boomerang is fdb-a, I have NO idea what his ability does, and he has a move thats db-a where he turns white and crouchs, but I dont know what that does anyways. Also, since I suck with him, I havent gotten very far, but he starts out fighting a Shiny Syclant, and Breezing is WAAAAY harder than it regularly is.

Nice job on the release Cartoons! This version looks amazing now that Colossoil is in it (the best Pokemon). It's still too bad that I can't even play it, though. Do you know how to make this game work on Mac computers? I already used up my CrossOver time (the program that would let me play this), so I can't play it again.
hey nip, actually Crossover is really easy to fool. You have to go digging a little but if you erase all of the file off your computer and re-download it you can restart your timer.

I'm actually loving the Secret Character right now. I just beat breezin' with him (for those who don't know, his breezin' is much harder than everyone elses + you have to fight every character) and I especially like bonemerang (f,d,b + a), Standing Strong attack (great anti-air), crouching fwd strong (it trips and can slide under aerials), and his special (d,f,d,f + a) which can lead into bullet punch (d,f +a) for some solid damage.

I had quite a bit of trouble with collossoil until I mastered counter (d,b + a) which does a good job of getting collossoil out of his deadly combos.

His moves are:

b+m in air
df+l on the ground
df+m on the ground
df+s on the ground
f,d,b+a on the ground
b,d,f+a on the ground
d,f+a on the ground
d,b+a on the ground (its like a counter move)
d,f,d,f+a on the ground (super)

Plus if you attack an enemy with l, m, l quickly he will do a sort of punch punch knee thing.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm actually loving the Secret Character right now. I just beat breezin' with him (for those who don't know, his breezin' is much harder than everyone elses + you have to fight every character)
The Secret Character doesn't have a Breezin' Mode, even if you choose that it still treats it like Sweatin'
And like Xaqwais said, it's kind of pointless figuring out all his moves since it lists them if you hover over the space for a few seconds.

Incidentally, I've found that if you KO the foe using the pushing of Colossoil's Horn Drill, I would have assumed it would finish drilling them, but then the game instead freezes for a few seconds and jumps straight to the second level.

The Secret Character doesn't have a Breezin' Mode, even if you choose that it still treats it like Sweatin'
And like Xaqwais said, it's kind of pointless figuring out all his moves since it lists them if you hover over the space for a few seconds.

Incidentally, I've found that if you KO the foe using the pushing of Colossoil's Horn Drill, I would have assumed it would finish drilling them, but then the game instead freezes for a few seconds and jumps straight to the second level.
You dont face the boss at the end though so it cant be Sweatin. ITs definitely the same difficulty level though. And I found out ALL the moves not just the specials.

Hey guys, I started playing battle capacity very recently. Some of you might recognise me from the IRC channel.

I thought I'd start making use of the replay function to fraps videos, and so I have. Here's the first match I've recorded.

Sadly my router is on its last legs, so uploading stuff's near impossible. Once I sort that out, you can expect regular updates. When that's fixed, I'll be trying to spectate and record anyone that gives me their permission, or better yet, I'll use replays that people send me.

Thanks so much for the video, Fim. I look forward any future matches you put up. Really great quality video and a fun fight to watch.

I'm glad to say discussion of the game in the chat has moved from bugs to actual gameplay balance issues. Please check the OP or the Youtube channel to view some of the really crazy combo quirks discovered by a regular. If you'd like to contribute, please drop by sometime.

I may have found a zero to near death combo for Revenankh. Frames are hard to hit though.

It's honestly just perseverance and quick fingers for most of these combos. But Gamaniac deserves some mad credit for his combos.

Which character are you using Taicho? I can give some pointers for like, half of them. I understand how you feel with the computers on Sweatin', though. That Collosoil gives my nightmares.

Contentful edit : New matches are up. Wyverii's Colossoil vs my Revenankh!. Multiple games!

How to beat cyclohm AI with <character>:

stand outside his range. Be ready to block his little projectile lots if you're in range. Preferably be outside of range of that as well. Wait wait wait. Inevitably he'll tornado, again and again. Punish tornado with moves such as pursuit, shadow sneak, wood hammer, syclant's df medium launcher, and so on. Moves that propel you forward.

Tornado is a very good move, but if it's blocked or avoided, it leaves Ohm vulnerable to punishment. This is handy to remember vs players too, though they'll probably be smarter about its use once they see you can punish random 'nado spam!

I thought I'd report another glitch.
I was fighting as Stratagem against Vitalimar on Breezin'.
Vitalimar does some throw move and then I'm completely off-screen and stuck waiting for time.

Thanks again for posting these, Fim!
As someone who has experience in fighters playing grapplers, I was wondering if you find any correlation between what Kitsunoh tries to do, and a grappler's general playstyle. Obviously, Kit comes and goes as she pleases, so it's less about trying to 'get in', but you're always looking for the next knock down so you can play that juicy mix up game, which i understand is a large part of the grappler style.
Perhaps no correlation?

Also, thanks for the heads up, Samurai. Your glitch seems to fit into a broad, but correctable category of bugs I've noticed.

Just downloaded this, and it's really great. :D Currently I've been trying out a lot of the different fighters, and I"m still looking for a main and getting used to the controls.

Heh, chose to main with Fidgit, he's really great ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)