Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Type: Fire/Grass
Stat Spread:  120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Speed
BST: 540
Ability #1: Rock Head
Ability #2: Battle Armor
Pokémon Appearance: [URL="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png"]Codename: Pass the Dutchie[/URL]
Movepool: [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1170482&postcount=1"]Here[/URL]
It's time to discuss about possible names for our wooden friend. We all know that we can't keep calling him "Woodman" forever since he's not a man in the first place. There been a lot of names already suggested towards this monster, but most are scattered in other threads throughout the entire project. Because of that this thread is made to funnel all name suggestions in one organized place to easy viewing.

When suggesting a name, here's some simple tips that might help.
- When coming up with names for a pokemon, try coming up with ones that reflect either it's typing or appearance.
-Names don't have to be overly complex, but they don't have to be overly simple either.
-Names that seem to roll off the tongue or are pronounce very easy are good in their own right.
-When making up pokemon names, they shouldn't be any longer than 10 characters.

List of decent names so far.
---------------------
Pyroak - Pyro + Oak
Kommandare/Komandre - Komodo + Commander + Flare.
Carboneous - Latin for "Made of burning wood"
Leonin - Still haven't figure out the meaning of this name.
Mokukikou - Moku(Wood) + Kikou(Armor)
Phlogidon/saur/zard - Phlogiston + Don/Saur/Zard
Hyotetsu - Hyo(Fire) + Koutetsu(Armor)
Timburn - Timber + Burn
Ignitrodon - Ignite + Nitro + Don

Leonin [Lee-O-Nin] - Just a name i like in general
Kumodour [Kou-Moe-Du-Air] - Mix bewtween Komodo and Armour
Spyro [Spy-Ro] - i'm sure you all remember the game
Lavarrior [La-var-ri-or] A mix between Lava and Warrior
Aromizard [Arome-E-Zard] A mix bewteen Aroma and Lizard

Lavarrior and Leonin are probably my favorites

Volcodo [Vol-CO-Do]- Volcano/Komodo
Volcmodo [Volc-MO-Do]- Same
Varamodo [Va-RA-Mo-Do] Varanidae (Family in which Komodos belong)/Komodo
Flargama [Flar-GA-Ma] Flare/Agama (Type of lizard like reptile)

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
requesting that DK's Kommandare end up on the list.
I like this one as well as Carboneous, but I'm wandering if it could be shortened to "Komandre"? Unless the M and A are that important, "Komandre" sounds and looks more appealing. "Kommandare" sounds too much like "Commander."

Mariguana is funny, but somehow I think it's not going to combine well with Doug's worry for COPPA and such. My vote will be Pyroak or Carboneous or something.

Goguryeo armour was korean armor, which was made of little steel plates weaven together to make a flexible shirt. It was effective against arrows, swords, and spears. Goguryeo iron cavalry (철기병, 鐵騎兵) with horse and man dressed up in full armour were practically invincible.

Gogurana
Mokugogu
Gogurodo

Blaze + Lizard = Blizzard? lol, jk.
How about Nitrogecko?

Okay, enough of the jokes I guess...
Geckon (gecko + cannon)
Camodo (lol, cannon + Komodo)
Wildfir (lolzors, wildfire + fir)

I suggest Phlogidon or Phlogisaur.
Phlogiston was the 5th "Element" back when scientists thought there was just Air, Water, Earth and Fire. According to a French scientist, it had to do with a mouse being able to survive in a glass jar (with no holes) if there was a plant in it. So, Phlogiston is basically Oxygen reacting with other things, such as rusting metal. Fire needs oxygen to live, and plants give off oxygen. The -don or -saur is there for reference to a dinosaur or lizard.

Can I reccomend something like Komolder (Komodo+Smolder)?

Also, anything that uses the word skink in it pretty much instantly gets my vote.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fyrest is the only reasonable thing i can think of :/ (or Firest, i just thought the y made it look better iuno)

I like Pyroak the most so far though

Pyrodo - Pyro + Komodo

Valcanus - Varanus (Komodo Dragon's Genus) + Cannon + Volcano

I personally like Valcanus out of those. It even sounds like "Volcanic", so thats a nice touch I suppose.

Typhlosaurus
Creative, but to be perfectly honest it is too much similar to Typhlosion. Granted, there are several similar pokemon names, but whatever.

I'm not saying its bad though, lol.

And thanks alphabet.

EDIT:
Where does cannon come in? It's basically Varanus, remove the r, and add in lc from Volcano.
I had actually started with varanus and cannon, but later added volcano in, but I see your point. If anyone else has an issue with that, I'll edit it. Thanks for bringing that up.

EDIT 2:

Lol GT, that has got to be an awesome animal.

Yea, i realize that now, lol

How many name entries are we allowed in this thread? I can come up with several more names if more are allowed.

Everytime I hear Leonin, I think of this guy:

That's funny because whenever I see Leonin I think of this guy:

But maybe that's just me.

Anyways, the names that I propose are:
Sendiage (Incendiary/Incense + Foliage)
Smoldrage (Smolder + Rage)
Stumplume (Stump + Plume)
Scorchar (Scorch + Char)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)